Monday, August 2, 2010

Big League Dreams..coming true for Drew






After a crazy year of baseball 4 days a week of 3 hour practices and 8 weekend tournaments in a row our team, Eastside Select Magic 11- U team will be headed to Arizona in March for tournaments at the Big League of Dreams.

It is such a fun opportunity for the boys to get to play in such a fun ball field, they have mini replica stadiums and our entire family will be traveling with us for a mini family vacation.

I have met so many great families this year and am so proud in the growth I have seen in Drew, he really is an amazing son and I am so proud of him.

In 8 weeks we have played 22 games with 14 wins and 8 losses

Drew led the team with 2 home runs (1 GRAND SALAMI) and that was in the last inning which led our team to victory by 1 point. Wow that was fun to watch and I had to hold back my tears because I was so overwhelmed with pride for my son.

He led the team for top home runs, top doubles, top slugging percentage(.633), batting average(.415) and top strikes pitched.

I am not exactly sure what all that means, but I am learning very quickly baseball lingo.

This last weekend was our last tournament for the year. Drew will start training again in October. He is getting ready to start middle school in 4 weeks and I just can't believe how fast the time flies.

GOO DREW SANTANA!!!!!

No comments: