Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Hannuka! (and some family updates)











It's so hard to believe it was only a year ago we moved into our beautiful new home. The last year has been SO fun yet challenging. It's amazing how so many things can try to discourage your walk in life. You know what they say? If it doesn't kill you it makes you stronger. ~I AM STRONG~

Devin has completed his rehab and for the first time in a LONG time, I have my son back. He has been through such a journey but has come to realize I am his biggest fan in the good and bad times. He started a new job at L.A. Fitness at the Landing in Renton and is planning on attending spring quarter at BC (Formerly BCC)


This year Vanessa joined Story club after school 2 days a week. Last night she had a stage presentattion of one her favortie books."The Lion and the Rabbit".
This was the first year she opted out of dance and instead chose to take a modeling and commercial acting class.

We take a trip to the downtown Macy's on Wednesdays for her classes. She has been going on auditions for various commercials and is getting ready to have her first professional photography session so she can have an "official audition resume"

She has also developed a first crush.. on a vampire named Edward!!It's adorable to watch her excitement when she talks about the book(s) or the movie. As you can see from the picture she has the perfect Edward shirt. It took us over 2 hours in the mall to find just the right one.

My youngest son Drew. True to the love of his life. baseball He has already starting his private training for next season. He goes to the cages 4 times a week to practice his pitch and swing.In addition he has select team practice every Monday night from 6-9. He has been published with all his stats in the Stods all star select magazine for 2 years in row. He is planning on "making this one his 3rd"

He has developed quite the eye for photography and videography and we are excited to see if his video makes nationals in January for his school reflections PTA project.

I am so proud of Drew for being such a joy to this family his smile and laughter fill our home to it's fullest with such love. We love our Drew Drew #11.

JoJo, Well this is a hard thing for me to write about as it's been almost 2 years since I have seen him but from what little information I get here and there he is playing Jr. Varsity Football and it seems he is doing well.

He is a freshman in Pasco and attended his first homecoming(I am BEYOND sad I was not apart of it). We all miss him so much and hope for him to return home someday soon.

Joe and I are doing as fabulous as ever!!

I sometimes wonder if it's more possible to love this man any more than I do? My heart still skips a beat when he walks in the door each day. Geez he is so handsome and dreamy! (loong sigh and batting eyelashes):D

He has been going through some medical issues in the last year. It has resulted in severe weight loss for him (30 lbs)poor babe.(I really would take his place).

We have been taking him to multiple Dr's appointments to narrow down what could be going on. So far, it's looking like some sort of food allergy. He has a few more procedures coming up and we should get a final diagnosis.

Finally, Today is the first day of Hannuka so I will be bringing out the eight-branched Chanukah menorah and lighting the first candle tonight to honor this Jewish holiday.

Happy Holidays to you all~

1 comment:

Keri said...

Loved reading all the family updates! Miss you and hope to see you soon. Please give Joe my best and let him know we're thinking about him! Love ya.