

I am sitting here watching the wind whip around the beautiful fall trees and have had an epiphany. I realized for the first time today that family is alot like the 4 seasons,stormy and windy, bright and cheery,steady and smooth and sometime just plain unpredictable
I have finally learned to embrace ALL the seasons that some along with being a parent and can't believe that my little boy has become a man I am not so proud of right now.
I believe there is a certain burden that comes along with the name "mother" It is not always a burden that certain mothers can bear but with the support and love of family and friends, it's a challenge that I have embraced. I am thankful to those of you who have called and offered your encouragement and support to me, it means more to me than you could ever know.
On October 21, Joe and I called an intervention on my son Devin. I will spare you all with the details of his behaviours and drugs of choice as I am still trying to process this information and come to complete terms.
After 5 hours of consulting with him and having a HARD realty check He agreed to enter into the detox facility.
On the 7th day of his detox, I met with him for the first time since entering and WOW he had rosy cheeks and a look of life back in his eyes, he confessed his addictions to Joe and I and wept through our entire meeting.
I was humbled.
I am proud to say he volunteered to enter into an in-house treatment and I took him in yesterday and he was admitted. I will not see him until he is done and look forward to throwing him a "sobriety dinner" to congratulate him on his accomplishment.
So here's to Devin and embracing that my child is now becoming a man and not just any man but a clear minded man free to follow his dreams and goals.
Here is a wonderful saying I found that really hits home for me.
A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine desert us; when trouble thickens around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
-- Washington Irving
1 comment:
Oh sweetie, I had no idea what was going on. I just always focused on all the cutie-patutie pics of the kids. You and your family are always in my thoughts, heart and prayers!
Post a Comment