Thursday, December 4, 2008

Am I dreaming.....

I just about have the entire house organized and I am still in complete Aaugh every time I wake up in the morning. I am waiting for a new memory card then I will post pictures.

My birthday was on Monday and Joe's parents came over to give me a present (how sweet are they?) Carol bought me a beautiful throw blanket for the couch which has inspired my new colors for the family room. Purple and Chocolate brown. The entire house is painted a brownish mauve color and the blanket just popped with color. I am on a hunt for throw pillows to match my new blanket.

We just got our new fridge delivered yesterday and with the exception of all our window treatments, we feel settled. Tonight I am having my first guest over. My friend Janene is 20 weeks prego and I am cooking dinner for her and giving her the tour.

The kids have been so wonderful and responsible for there individual space. It is so great to see them so proud of there new home. I am leaving this Sunday for Vermont for my work training and Joe will be joining me next Wednesday to join me for a company Christmas party. We are staying an extra night so we can explore Vermont all day together on Saturday.

After the last couple of years of what seemed like a real living hell, I feel as though I have gone to heaven these last few months. It's so exciting that what ever happens in life good or bad we have the ability to change and re-invent ourselves.

I have to give some credit first of all to the most wonderful supportive man I have ever known. Joe is the most amazing person and I am so lucky to have him in my life and my children's life.


2nd about a year ago (when I was at an all time low) I was stuck in an airport, I had read all my Star(gossipy) magazines and was browsing for a book to read. The Secret just kept popping out for me so I purchased it and read the entire book on my 5 hour delay. WOW the power of positive thinking and the laws of attraction.

I wanted to share one of my favorite quotes with you."Close your eyes and visualize having what you already want - and the feeling of having it already." This has stuck in my mind and Joe's mind since I told him and together we have spoke about and visioned what we want our life to be.

Some days seem harder to visualize than others, but also in the book it states "An affirmative thought is 100 times more powerful than a negative one" I really have to learn a new way of thinking and responding to everything in my life.. I am a work in process but happy to absorb this new found freedom of a life I always knew I wanted but could never quite achieve until now.

2 comments:

Misty Carpinito said...

I am a true believer in the power of positive thoughts and the Secret really hit home for me about a year ago. I truly believe this new found way of training my brain and visualization of life's greatest joys/wants is what has given me the blessing of this little boy about to join our world. Such a powerful tool...it's so simple but does take some effort to train your brain. So glad you too have found this life changing.

I always say "Ask the universe and you shall receive!" Now just start living as though you already have it and it will surely come!

The Haigh's said...

That was a really inspiring post. I am very happy for you that you seemed to have found peace in yourself and yes Joe is definitely one to thank for that. And btw - if you want great colorful throw pillows in those colors you mentioned try Pier 1.